December 31, 2012

A Year Reflection


Well well well, 2012 is almost over and the 2013’s gate is going to open in no time. It is quite interesting to look back, and realize what I have been trough so far in this what-so-called water dragon for Chinese people or the doomsday year for the Mayans—hey, look Mayans, this is the end of this year, and we’re still alive!! Eat that! ha! Bottom line, this year has been challenging for me. It was the most roller-coaster-like year I’ve ever been trough. The moan, the whine, the panic, the hectic, the grin, the smile, the laugh, all together, mixed up, yet to be honest, this year made me bigger.

If I may say, this year was like final test to upgrade my life level. It was just like when you “meet the king” on video game, just like Mario Bros tried to kill the big great monsterous creature at the end of the stage. The emotions and the tense were all up together. Well yeah, just take a look at my postings this year, you will understand. The most challenging moment in this year was for sure, the break-up. Hahaha it might be so lame that I mention that thing first, but I’ve gotta be honest that it took the most emotion I had. The sob, the moan, the whine, I had them much back then. It’s true. Even after that the most miserable moment I’ve had so far, I was lost, and did so many stupidity regarding my love life hahaha, but yeah, we will never be grown-up and wise without being reckless and stupid, eh?

That moaning period led me to be such a workaholic person. I mean, I tried to do as many activities as I could. And yeah, I did. I took part at one of the biggest event in my campus, and I took a fairly big part on it. It was quite hard and difficult, so much challenging. For that job, I’ve got to push my self to my limit. That was the most challenging job I’ve ever had. I’ve got to do all of the craziest deadline during my mid-term test week, finish all of them simultaneously, maintain the priority, solve the problems, blablablablabla, it was incredibly hectic. Moreover, not only maintain the job and the class assignments, but also I’ve got to maintain my health which I failed at. Yeah, I’ve got hospitalized back then for my irresponsibility towards my own self. Sometimes it’s not that good to be that damn workaholic, force your self over and over again, and never pay attention to your own self. Trust me, it’s just such a disadvantage.

Some first-month of this year might be ghastly, yet even storm has its end, eh? And so my year does. Although it was nasty at the beginning, yet in the middle of the year to the end of the year, I felt steadier, firmer, more poise, and sound. I felt like the sunshine began to rise again on me—oh God, stop this terrible metaphor, yuck. In short, good thing started to come to me after all that wretched period. I was sorta flirted on someone, and finally, I fell for someone new, someone who is now my boyfriend. Haha yep, I moved on. Not only that, my campus life was getting better, I mean, I felt more comfortable with my campus friends, my campus was just like my second home in Depok, I met some new people, making friends with them, I had an annual project together with my Sasing Inggris 2010 pals to success our junior in Petang Kreatif. It was fun! All of the works and efforts we’ve had back the, and as the result, we won the third place!! Quoted from my friend, Ruth Vania, we are so proud like a proud mom haha. Not only that kind of winning which amused me, but I also got a exquisitely exotic and remarkable Lombok holiday with my family which was a rare thing to do!! Even at the end of the year was the final test week which was nastily exhausting yet I’m still contented as my friends and boyfriend are around. Living the moment is the most proper phrase to describe such moment haha.

Like I said, this year was the roller-coaster. This year was like Mario Bros faced the Boss of the stage. Fortunately, I am the Mario Bros who jump into the big green pipe after knocking down the boss of the stage. I am level-upgraded. Well yeah at least, that is what I feel so about my self in this year. I overcame the obstacles, maintained the emotion, got over the moan and sob, learnt from the past, forgave people and my self, continued life, until now live the moment. I am so glad that I could be on this phase, sitting in my bed, typing this sorta dramatic story of this year so far. I am so grateful that God still gives me opportunity to learn my life from my sob and tear, yet still gives me the laughter eventually. I feel much complete, wiser, and bigger, I suppose haha.

Well, thank God for the super-Mario-Bros-and-roller-coaster-like 360 days.
It was ROCK AND ROLL!!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment